Wednesday 12 October 2016

Novel Pre-Order: On the Rise by Rachel Tonks Hill

Last week I had the very great pleasure of announcing that my first novel is now available for pre-order in ebook format. I am super excited and also kind of nervous.

This is the longest thing I've ever written (word count wise it's about twice the length of my thesis) and is based on a concept that's been in my head for almost a decade. I really want people to like it. Mostly thought it's a relief that this story will finally be out there in the world instead of just existing inside my head. I've loved having it there, but I'm looking forward to being able to think about (and tell) new stories.

Like the sequel.

I currently plan on making this a trilogy but earlier this year I ended up writing a short novel when I'd only planned on a short story so you know, my plans don't always come off. We'll see how I feel when I get there.

For now, book one is a real thing that you'll be able to buy and read. In ebook only for now, but I plan on there being a hard copy at some point. That's a whole other bunch of skills for me to learn though.

In the meantime please allow me to scream at the top of my lungs: I DID IT I WROTE A WHOLE NOVEL WHOOO!

And now I have to go do it all again. Such a hard life, being a writer.

(Buy my book)


Sky Thompson has a normal life; a boyfriend, best friend, and parents she loves very much. She's happy. Until one day she finds her boyfriend in bed with another woman and her life careens out of control.

Now her parents are dead, torn apart by a creature out of a nightmare. Sky knows what it is, she saw it with her own eyes, and she won't rest until her parents' killer is dead. She wants revenge, and nothing will stand in her way.

But revenge is far from simple and the cost is higher than Sky ever dreamed it could be. Can she find the strength within herself to see this through? And will she be able to come to terms with the fact life isn't black and white, and that there is more at stake here than just revenge?

Pick up a copy of On the Rise today and find out.

Amazon
Kobo
iBooks
Barnes and Noble
Smashwords (available 31/10/16)