Saturday 12 April 2008

Dreams

There go my childhood dreams. Floating away like dust in the wind. Twisted silhouettes disappearing over time, replaced by new ones. Adult dreams, now that I really know what will make me happy. Forget being an astronaut; I've learned to cultivate more realistic dreams. Goals that are attainable, so close that I can reach out and touch them.

I'm older now, and hopefully wiser. I know that there's no such thing as a happily ever after; nothing is as easy as that. Happiness has to be worked at. You don't find your Handsome Prince and everything falls into place, misery erased from your life. It's not easy being a Princess and more often than not Prince Charming will be the source of your unhappiness. That's why you have to work at it, work together and above all, talk to each other.

Yes, I've abandoned my childish dreams, but I've found something better; a reality that will make me truly happy if I work at it.