Friday 21 May 2010

I'm Feeling Good

I feel great today. I know its still early, but I do feel great. Which is extremely unusual considering I have an exam tomorrow. But I feel really good.

I went to bed at a decent time last night, got a good nights sleep and was up fairly early to wish Sam well in his exam.

I had a great breakfast. I made a smoothie; strawberry, banana, pineapple and mint. OK, so I cheated a little bit cos the strawberry was from a SlimFast shake powder but oh well. When you stop viewing hose things as a weight loss aid and simply something you can use if need be, they're actually quite useful. I frequently turn the shakes into fruit smoothies, and I don't feel guilty at all.

Anyway, my breakfast was damn tasty, and it's left me feeling great. I'm hoping that a good start to the day means the day will continue to be good.

The only bad thing about today is that I really want to go for a bike ride, maybe cycle around the lake, but I can't. Damn exam season meaning I have to spend most of my time indoors revising.

After exams are over, that will be very different. I want to try going for a cycle round the lake every morning after breakfast for a week. Just to see how I feel. If it makes me feel great, then I try to keep it up, if not then I won't bother.

For me this decision is not just about getting the exercise in. If any of you have ever been to the University of Nottingham and been to the lake, you'll know just how beautiful it is. Riding a bike round the lake is beautiful and the pleasure comes almost as much from the scenery as the exercise. I've never been to the lake early morning, and I want to find out what it's like.

The hope is that I'll really enjoy it, and it'll be a really good, enjoyable way to move my body. I want my body to feel great, so I'm trying to put things in it that make me feel good, and I want to start doing some form of regular exercise that makes me feel good too. I honestly don't care if I lose weight or not. Weight and health are not the same thing, and thinner does not mean healthier.

I have a number of things I want to try and do to increase my overall health, but that's a post for another time. Medicinal chemistry and nucleic acids revision is calling me.