Thursday 17 April 2008

Fanfic: Breathing

Title: Breathing
Ratings/Warnings: G, none
Word Count: 100
Summary: Tonks used to love Remus’ breathing
Author’s Note: I’ve neglected fanfiction terribly so far this year, owing to working on my novel. So I thought I would get back into it and try my hand at a drabble, which I’ve never done before. I’m surprised I managed exactly 100 words :)





Breathing. That was what Tonks loved most about Remus; his breathing. Every breath was so deep and so steady. It was a constant in a life that badly needed it. Where she was a whirlwind of colour and fun he was steady, and constant. Just like his breathing.

She used to love lying awake at night, smiling, listening to his soft inhales and exhales. But not any more. Remus took away her nighttime and his steadying influence when he left her.

And when she thinks about it, the day he left her is the only time his breathing wasn’t steady.