Wednesday 7 April 2010

Detoxing and revising my plan

I think I need to detox for a few days. I don't know about any of you, but this year Easter well and truly got me. I ate far too much food and far too many foods I knew I shouldn't. But then it was Easter, I was staying at Sam's mum's house, and it was the nearest thing to a holiday I'm likely to get this year. So I made the most of it.

And damn if the food wasn't tasty.

But it does mean that this week I really need to get back to my plan. Because next week comes my biggest challenge since I started this plan; its the Easter holidays and I'm at my parent's house for three weeks. Which means I have three weeks where I have a lot less control over what I'm eating. And the person in charge of my food doesn't have anywhere near an intimate knowledge of the rules I've set myself.

For the three weeks I'm at home, I think I'll have to have a special set of rules.
  • I need to maintain control of my carbohydrate intake, whatever the meal. Part of the problem has always been the large portions of pasta and rice that get served up at home. I need to make sure I never eat more than I need.
  • I'm going to try to eat lots more fruit and vegetables, because they're always readily available in my parent's house. Also they're good for me, and I've been meaning to up my fruit and veg intake.
  • I'm going to ask my parent's to get in some all bran muesli type stuff. Having some for breakfast will ensure a good fibre intake, hopefully fill me up for a lot of the day, and will be packed full of vitamins and minerals.
  • I'm going to take my Slimfast shakes with me, and maybe see if I can get some more. They make for good, quick lunches.
  • I'm going to offer to walk the dog at least three times a week. That means that I'm still getting exercises and not sitting round on my bum all day revising.
There are probably other things I can implement to try to keep control of my health and stick to my plan while I'm at home, but that's all that comes to mind right now. If anyone has any ideas as to what else I can do, feel free to comment below.